Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lobster....OUCH!!!


Chris and I are getting ready for a big trip to Kauai, Hawaii on May 17th. Am I excited? HECK YEAH!!!! I've never stepped off of this land before and traveled over waters. So, even though I will technically still be in the United States....it's still off in a world all it's own. One problem.. Chris gave me a gift certificate a while ago for 5 tans at a local salon. The first time I went for 8 minutes and left a little bit tanner. Nice right? Well, I just went in for my second session yesterday and went for 10. Yowwwwww baby! Talk about pain. Needless to say, I've passed over my other tans to my sweet husband Chris. I decided that I'd rather be pail and able to move than to walk around stiff as a board with a little color. I know they say that "beauty is pain", but you gotta draw the line somewhere! I guess I'd better drop out of the Miss Hawaiian Tropic pageant. HAHA! We are going to Kauai with Chris' twin brother Charlie and his wife Carrie. We are bringing our youngest Lucy with us and Charlie and Carrie are bringing their baby boy Isaac. 10 days to go so the count down is so ON!!! A little sneak peak of the view from our condo.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

What about a sneak peek of your red face!? I hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii...sounds like bliss!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

FUN! Where are the pictures of you looking like a lobster? Those are the pictures we want to see! The other picture just makes us all jealous!

Charlie said...

Yes....I was hoping to see pictures too of your lobster body!

Hawaii will be a blast! I am so glad you are joining us!!!

Carly said...

To all those wondering, I didn't burn my face, arms, calves, or feet. I'm glad I atleast wore underwear. My torso and my thighs are absolutely fried!!! So, it might not be exactly appropriate to take pictures of where I got burned. I would like to keep this a G rated blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Let me introduce you to my new best friend...Mystic Tan. I love it... I always do it before vacations so I already look tan.... just make sure to ask the tanning salon if the solution is a brown base (not orange).

Nat said...

So excited for you!!! Hawaii is the fabulous. I haven't been to Kuai yet, but I hear its the prettiest island. Have a blast! Wish I was coming!

Carrie said...

Can't wait to see your lobster thighs in Kauai! I tried working on my tan at the pool in Vegas this week, but Isaac wasn't much for laying out. He doesn't hold still that long. So you and I can both start our trip out a little pale together and by the end of the week, we will be golden brown beach babes!

Me said...

have I told you lately that I'm jealous! (of the trip, not the burn) I haven't spray tanned, although I really want to, but for now I am going the cheaper route of jergens body glow (actually, the equate brand, but it's the same). Ohmygosh! It really works & it's pretty cheap. But when I have the time & $ to do a few tans, I'm totally spraying.

I can't wait to hear all about this trip!!!! You deserve a fun break.

Me said...

4 more days!!!!