Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A late conclusion to Paradise

Here are a few more pictures from our excursion to Kauai, Hawaii. They are all kind of random, but just a few last pictures and experiences to share.

I finally have a picture to post as proof that I jumped from that high cliff. If you look closely, you can see me waving my arms up high from mid-air. What a rush!!!!!





Here I am getting ready to do some snorkeling at Tunnels. It's the hot spot of Kauai for snorkeling. Did I mention that I snorkeled with an octopus my last day in Kauai? Awesome! My favorite fish was the Hawaii's state fish called the "humuhumunukunuku apu a'a" . Too bad I'm not having any more children because that would have been a great name. Just Kidding!!












Here is a way cool picture I took of my husband snorkeling. Okay, I admit it was a bit posed, but it still makes for a great photo! Snorkeling was by far Chris' favorite hobbie on the island.


Here is my sweet Lucy taking a snooze on the beach. Actually, she was quite opposite of sweet the last few days. She was ready to go home and she did not hesitate a bit in expressing her anger. Lucy has by far the fairest skin of our whole family. I actually had a lady approach me the first day on the island telling me that I needed to keep her in a shirt and pants the whole trip because the sun would be too intense for her skin. Well, I wish I could see her now to prove her wrong! My daughter was able to lounge in her swimsuits the entire trip. Yes, the sun was intense, but I greased her up quite a bit everyday with SPF 70 and kept her big brimmed hats on and she was fine. No sunburns!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love "ladies" coming up and telling you stuff you should know about your kid... They are usually wrong and paranoid. The nerve of some crazy people!

Lynnette said...

Ahhh - looks so fun and relaxing! Sorry the trip home wasn't that way. I LOVE that picture of Lucy, so cute!

Rachel said...

Your trip looks like a blast. And so many cute swimsuits! :) I love the picture of Lucy sleeping on the beach. That is the life! :)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I second the preece families comment! LOL Looks like you had so much fun. That's great that Lucy didn't get a sunburn. That's quite the feat in Hawaii.