Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TAGGED BY HOLLY!!

What is the best thing you cooked last week?

Ummmm... nothing too spectacular. Probably homemade Mac n Chz!


If time, money, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?

I'd probably go with my hubbie somewhere on our traveling list like Italy or something. I definitely would not bring the kids, but I'd then reward them by taking them to Disneyland the following week.


When was the last time you cried?

Now that think about it, it's probably been a few weeks since I last cried. I think the last time was when I was talking to my friend Holly on the phone and we were talking about my son Asher and the reassurance of knowing that Asher won't have his disability in the spirit world.


List 5 things you were doing 10 years ago. (1998)

My senior year of highschool and just living up being ruler of the school.

Having fun girly times with my friends like Melanie, Holly, Becca, and Natalie.

Totally crushing on Ryan Jappe and totally swooning over him on Prom night.

Having my heart crushed one too many times by Matt Harris (over and over and over)!

Thinking my life was so hard when in fact I look back and can't believe how easy and selfish my life really was.


List 5 things you were doing 5 years ago. (2003)

Loving the life in the most beautiful country in the world in Bozeman, MT while my husband was getting his Masters.

Enjoying my time with my 2 year old daughter Ginny.

Giving birth to my second baby Asher and having a very rough early pregnancy with him.

Taking tap lessons with my friend Kiersten and performing in our tuxedos with a cane.

Working as a Community Assistant for Family and Graduate Housing at Montana State and staying somewhat busy with that.


List 5 things you were doing 1 year ago.

This is hard because nothing that extreme has happened to me in the past year. First, I was loving, but feeing overwhelmed about having all 3 of my children at home and at very young ages.

Getting excited about having a trip to Beaver to see my grandparents the same time as my sister and getting to spend a few days there.

We got our puppy Belle on Cinco de Mayo and we were so excited to finally have a puppy. Who woulda thought a year later we would give her away?

I was looking forward to a trip to Las Vegas with my friend Michelle from Canada where we just had a few childless days together to just have fun and shop and see my parents.

Being a nursery leader.


List 7 of your favorite hobbies.

Disneyland! Most of you have always known that about me, but that is my number one favorite hobby. I loved it when I went as a kid and now that I have kids, I love it even more. They are so happy when we are there. If my kids are happy, mom is definitely happy!

Spending time with Chris. We have so much fun together when it's just us.

Eating out. Maybe it's because I live in a small town, but going to restaurants is such a big treat for me. Even more so than food, I love atmosphere and people watching.

Provo days. That's when me, Chris, and the kids just make a day trip into Provo and go to my favorite stores like Costco and Target. We don't even have to buy anything. It's just fun to get out and walk around.

Talking on the phone. It's always a big treat to me to get on the phone with my parents, my brothers or sister, or friends. I love catching up with people since I don't live near many of them anymore.

Watching my shows. Grey's Anatomy, Project Runway, American Idol, Survivor, Desperate Housewives, and old Friends re-runs. Some of them are seasonal and not always on, but as long as some of them are on sometime to give me that "fix".

Planning trips. Even though we can't go everywhere on my list, I love having trips and vacations to look forward to. I always look forward to a new adventure and hopefully that will include some camping trips with my family this summer.


Name 5 of your favorite foods.

Green River Watermelons!! That's my number one favorite, but I can only get that for a few months out of the year. Bummer!

Coca Cola. Does that count as food? I could drink a lot more of that than I do. I have to limit myself, but that's a treat for me.

Chicken Fajitas. I made some recently and I forgot how good they are.

Sandwhiches. Mostly chicken ones, but I love a good layer of things between two pieces of bread.

BBQ or over fire hot dogs. Something about that partially burned hot dog on a bun with some ketchup that just tastes so wonderful to me.


Name 5 place you have been.

Disneyland on many numerous occassions

New York City

Philadelphia, PA ( 3 times in the past 6 years actually).

St. Louis, MO

Kauai, Hawaii ( I haven't actually been there, but I will in 3 days. I'm counting it so GET OVER IT!)


List 5 of your favorite memories

Noticing Chris for the first time at a Singles Ward and just knowing.

After Chris and I got married and we went outside the temple to celebrate and take pictures with family and friends. I was off in one spot talking to friends and he was off at a different spot talking to friends and then all of a sudden I looked over at the hottest and most wonderful thing I ever saw and the realization that I was looking at my husband. A great moment!

Holding each of my babies for the first time. A wonderful memory that I will truly miss.

Suprising Ginny with a trip to Disneyland when she was barely 4. She had no clue that we were going there until we pulled right up to it. Then, the first person she saw was the "real Snow White". We have a picture of her face and it definitely says it all. Too much excitement in such a short time.

Last October when Asher was almost 4 we all went to Disneyland again and he just laughed and got excited over everything. Seeing him that happy was priceless. If only Lucy hadn't been so grumpy that trip....

I could write a ton more great memories, but those are definitely my top 5!

I did all this because my friend Holly tagged me! I am now tagging KC and Lynnette AND Charlie and Carrie! Have fun!

2 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I LOVE these! You learn SO much. I love learning all this about you!

Carrie said...

I never knew you were a tapper in Bozeman. Very impressive. I've never been good at doing these tags. We'll see if I can get around to it by Saturday and if not, then we have 5 hours on a plane where I can tell you all my answers!