Friday, May 23, 2008

AloooooooooHA!!!!!

Are you sick of all my FAB posts yet?! Sorry, but I can't get over bragging that I am in paradise and have so many awesome things to share. Hope you enjoy a few more pictures of my time in Kauai. Oh, and a future warning...these probably STILL won't be the last that I am going to share. Aloha!!

Chris and I went on a romantic date last night while my gracious brother-in-law and sister-in-law watched Lucy for us. We did a bit of shopping and then went to an amazing restaurant called "Keokis". My husband bought me this pretty Lei to wear for our date. I love how tan we look here! Why can't I have a beach in my backyard? Anyone have a spare $10,000,000 they want to give me? HAHA Anyway, the food was amazing, but more than anything I LOVED the atmosphere. I'm all about the surroundings.



There are chickens and roosters all over the entire island. No exaggeration! I guess there was a Hurricane in the early 90s or something and all the chickens from a big farm escaped and ran wild. Well, the rest is history and now they are everywhere. It's quite funny actually. All over the streets, beaches, golf courses, etc...



This is Charlie, Carrie, and baby Isaac that are enjoying this wonderful vacation with us. It's been fun to hang-out with them and we've all had a great time.

Here we are at a beautiful water fall. Pictures truly do not do it justice. Awesome!!


And the winner is..... No, seriously this was suprisingly my most favorite place on the entire island. I felt like I was on a jungle safari. It was pouring rain while we were walking there and we were literally going through a jungle. So lush it was like being in a rainforrest. All of a sudden we find this fresh water hole with a beautiful waterfall that has great cliffs to jump from. I just loved the whole Oasis feel about it. We jumped from these cliffs a few times. Probably the farthest vertical distance I have ever dared to jump from. If you look closely, you can see Chris and Charlie jumping off together.
Loved, loved, LOVED this place!!!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Totally not sick of the comments. It is so beautiful there. I guess Kuai will have to be the next island we visit.

Shelly said...

How fun for you guys! I love how Chris is totally getting into the spirit of Hawaii with that Hawaiian print shirt!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Not sick of the posts at all. I love pictures!! That's so much fun! I'm so jealous. I wish we could go to but so nice for you to get away to paradise.