Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lucy's First Joke

So, I was getting Lucy ready for bed last night. She is just over 22 months old. The routine is to change her diaper, put on her pjs, get her a sippy cup full of water, brush her teeth, and then go into her room to tuck her into bed. Well, right after I brushed her teeth, I reminded her that it was time for bed. She crouched down to the floor of the bathroom and then laid her head on the step stool we keep in there and then she said, "bed". She had the most proud grin on her face. I could just imagine what was going through her head, "Wow! How clever and hillarious I am!" So, her joke was that the step stool was her bed. It was fun to see that there is a little jokester in her.

4 comments:

Me said...

isn't it awesome to see their little minds work like that?! I have been amazed by how much Nathan is talking & understanding lately. They are at a blossoming age!

Lynnette said...

Your kids have the best sense of humor!

Elevation Physical Therapy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Hi Carly! It's Sara Russell (Frehner). I was so excited to see that you commented on my blog! Your kids are adorable and you look wonderful! I can't believe how time has flown by! We all need to get together next time you're in town! It would be so much fun! I'm jealous of your trip to Hawaii! I've never been, but hopefully for our 10 year anniversary we're going to go! Your little family is so cute! I'm going to add you to my blog so I can keep tabs on you :)