Friday, April 11, 2008

Finally!!!!!

THE WOOD FAMILY

Well, I have many people pushing me that I need to start a blog! I decided that I should probably update myself a little in the modern world and eventhough I'm not as technological as the rest of them...what the heck! I mean, I am the last person in America that hasn't done one of these right? My lay-out will be nothing spectacular. It's the postings that matter though right? If I keep telling myself that, maybe I won't be so insecure by my lack of creativity. Well, I guess I should get started by introducing my family (although most of you who view this probably already know them).

CHRIS, the total CHEESE of my MACARONI! We have been married for 8 years now. WOW! It's been a wonderful marriage followed by much adventure. It's pretty much me following him around. First, we were in Las Cruces, NM while he got his Bachelors at NMSU, followed by his Masters at MSU (Montana State University), followed by his first job as a Wildlife Habitat Biologist in Vernal, UT, and then being promoted in August of 2006 to be a manager in this same field, but for the SE region of the state and that required us to move to a small town called Price, UT. So far, we've been very happy here. Can you believe I'm a small town chick now? Anyway, Chris is a true mountain man. He loves the outdoorsy stuff.

GINNY is 6 1/2 years old and what a sweet joy in our lives. A wonderful daughter and big sister to her brother and sister. She has loved Kindergarten and sad that it's almost over. It makes me wonder....is she sad because she has just such an intellectual mind that needs to be fed knowledge all the time OR is she just extremely bored at home with her mom! What a sweet girl. She lOVES Disneyland and she LOVES our dog Belle.

ASHER is 4 years old and a sweet addition to our family as well. He was diagnosed with Autism when he was 2 years and 10 months old. He is non-verbal and very busy. He keeps our whole family constantly on our toes, but he has the best smile in the world and LOVES to give loves. He has a true love for TRUCKS! Any kind. Big, small, medium....doesn't matter. A challenge and a beautiful blessing all in one! We wouldn't give him back for anything.


LUCY will be 2 in July. She is last, but definitely not least. She is a very chatty little girl that LOVES Teletubbies (Blah and a half!). I've tried to introduce any other kind of TV show and she is not impressed. I worry one day she'll be kidnapped because there is not a shy bone in this child's body. She waves and says "hi" to EVERYONE!!!! Recently at the airport she plopped herself on two different men's laps. I have to keep a close watch because she's comfortable with everyone.


CARLY, that's me! I am enjoying my life as a wife and a mother. I won't go into detail of my daily schedule because it gets quite repetetive. I'll give you a hint, it usually involves diaper changing, baths, running after children, spray n wash, and lots of tickling. It's a joy and I wouldn't give it up. A true challenge, but a very rewarding job.


13 comments:

karibates said...

Hey sis! Cute blog - I love it.

Mindy said...

Adorable. Don't worry about 'creativity' your writing is your art. I can't wait for the updates.
Mindy

Lynnette said...

Yay! I'm glad you got a blog. I liked reading about you guys - even though we already know you! Sidenote, my boys LOVE teletubbies too. I don't know what it is but they go into a trace whenever I let them watch it (which is not often - yeah I hate it too!).

Charlie said...

This is great! I've already added your link to our blog!

I hope that I am my wife's cheese in her macaroni!

Nat said...

Carly! Yeah! I'm glad you started a blog. I just started one like a month ago. My friend actually started it for me and made it really cute because I have NO IDEA what I"m doing. So when you see it, don't be impressed with me... its totally someone else's talent. But I'm glad you started one so we can keep better tabs on each other. Check mine out sometime... its joeyandnatfam.blogspot.com. Look forward to more from you.

Carrie said...

Welcome to the blogging neighborhood! I liked reading all about your family and am looking forward to your coming posts.

Yes Charlie, you are my cheese! :)

Anonymous said...

You finally joined us! Now maybe we can keep in touch better! I know you love me so! Add me to your friends.

Me said...

Whoo-hoo!! I am thrilled you have a blog now. And I love the update on you & your family. I can't belive it has been 8 years since you & Chris got married. Wow!

Shelly said...

Yeah! So excited to keep up with your fam! Check out our blog if you haven't seen it. jshuffman.blogspot.com
Your kids are too cute!

Catherine said...

Carly-I'm proud of you for joining the world of blogging. Someday I might get un-lazy and follow your example. We look forward to the updates. Love ya girl!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you've entered the world of blogging. :) It's such a fun way to keep up with friends, and I can't wait for more about your beautiful children.

By the way, tell Chris that I (Rachel) came in second place in our family Tourney challenge this year. I picked Kansas to go all the way because I am a basketball genius. :)

Love,
Rachel

Yousun's Home said...

Hi, Chris and Carly~ I went to visit Charlie's blog and got to come visit your's. Good to see pictures of you, Chris, and your kids. They are so cute. I made one and don't take care much at all, but I just wanted to drop you a line. :)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I am SO glad that I found your blog through Holly's! How the heck are you? My gosh it's been a LONG time. I've already added you to my friends on my blog. Keep updating and I'll keep reading! :)