Thursday, October 2, 2008
My House is Still Standing!
Lately my 2 year old Lucy has been showing interest in the microwave. She usually just opens and closes the door over and over again. Well, I guess this was me not seeing the dramatic scene forth coming quick enough. I am in the next room and all of a sudden I hear the microwave turn on. Well, I am one to always think worse case scenario (ex: yesterday I was in the front yard talking to a friend for just a minute and the whole time I had in the back of my head that Lucy is choking on her quesadilla in the house and I'm not in there to rescue her and she's going to die. Then I run in the house to see that she's still eating her food). I think panicing just comes with the territory of motherhood. Not to get too far from my story. Anyway, I did the panic thing and started to think if she put something in the microwave that could possibly be hazerdous. I run into the kitchen as fast as I can to all of a sudden seeing through the microwave screen that something is zapping and flashing light. I hurry and turn off the microwave. Lucy had put two glitter pens AND A REMOTE into our microwave. Yes, the remote also had batteries in it. They only heated for about 5 seconds before I got to it. It filled my kitchen with smoke and the most disgusting smell. Yes, the remote and glitter pens are history. So, I guess it's okay to think worse case scenario sometimes because you never know what children are capable of or when they will put themselves in danger and if you're not there quick enough....! I don't know if she was in any real danger like getting electricuted or causing my house to catch fire, but like I said.... I THINK WORSE CASE SCENARIO ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!