Monday, August 25, 2008

A Few Stories....

I'm sorry I haven't posted lately.....my computer is ancient and having a hard time down loading any pictures. It's over 8 years old. I know, I'm due for a new one. I guess I'll have to wait for Uncle Sam to give us some tax money back next year and then maybe. They're so expensive, but a necessity!

Ginny started 1st grade a week ago and is loving it so far. She loves her teacher and thinks it's way cool that they both have the same first name. She comes home everyday with a new best friend. I guess that's how kids that young are. They recycle eachother over and over so quickly. Asher will start his 3rd year of preschool at the Castle Valley Center for children with special needs again. He'll have the same teacher he had last year and she is fantastic. I hope we see great things from Asher this year. A little speech would be the best! Everyone pray for him that he will one day be able to speak. Watching my almost 5 year old unable to communicate with the world is the most awful thing in the world. It's so scary. Anyway, on to other things...

Lucy is the SCREAMIEST child I have ever encountered and she's mine! Isn't that crazy? I didn't know how ridiculous it was until yesterday. I was trying to talk to my parents on the phone while my kids were playing in the backyard. She would scream over every little thing at the top of her lungs. I was getting extremely angry, but holding my composure because I'm on the phone. Finally she lets out about the 15th blood-curdling scream and it happened. My head all of a sudden just ached and blood started pouring out my nose. That's right....my daughter screamed so loud it made my nose bleed. I now know that if anyone could be capable of actually shattering glass with their voice, it's my sweet Lucy because she can make a nose bleed. Don't get me wrong, I love the stinker, but boy can she scream!!!!

Lastly EEEEewwwww! If any of you can top this for grossest thing ever to be done, please share because this one is hard to top! We took our kids to KFC/A&W for lunch on Friday afternoon. We then ran a few other errands. Chris realizes that he can't find his new work phone....A BLACKBERRY AND WORTH $300!!!!! We back trace our steps and finally come to the conclusion that the last possible place would be in the garbage can at the fast food. OF COURSE someone had taken all the garbage out and put it in the dumpster....just our luck! We got some gloves and then Chris jumped into the dumpster. This is no exaggeration! My poor husband is in a fastfood dumpster! It smells awful!!!! He starts throwing out garbage bags and we start digging. At the bottom of the second bag we had dug through, we found it!!! Halle-freakin'-lujiah! All that nastyness had to have benefited us somehow. To conclude this story, we went straight home and I had a shower. Yuck! Anyone that can top that?

Lastly, I am for sure NOT going to the class reunion. I am sad, but it was my own personal choice. I would love to see everyone, but I already have a trip on Sept. 4th with family that's been planned since last December and I don't want to take my kids on a long journey again just two weeks later. I will be thinking of you all that night and probably tearing up, but once you have kids, you all know how it works...your wants and needs never come first again.

Wow, I just realized how depressing my blog today seems. Seriously, everything is just fine.

7 comments:

Nat said...

First, bummer about the reunion. I'm still not sure.
Second, I can't beat your garbage story, but I know the exact smell. I used to be a "waitress" at the Polynesian Cultrual Center in Hawaii, but really I was a busboy (girl) for the buffet and I came home reaking every night. I couldn't get the smell out of my uniform. It was truly nasty.
Glad to hear Ginny likes school. She's cute. Good luck with Asher. I"m sure that is so frustrating but you are so patient and kind and such a good mom. That's nice to have good resources there to help out. Last, I know the scream thing. Except my kids do it for fun. They just try to Outscream eachother. All the time. The worst was in Costco they had a screaming constest. So embarassing. I don't know how to make them stop. Hope you enjoyed the novel.

Sara said...

Hey Carly...I'm not going to the reunion either! I don't know, I think the garbage story pretty much beats any story I have...I'm glad he at least found it:) I know it must be very frustrating for both you and Asher when it comes to communicating. Poor little guy, I will definitely keep him in my prayers. And little Lucy seems way to cute and innocent to have lungs like that.LOL.

Carrie said...

Oh Lucy, maybe that is where Isaac got his screaming skills from? You didn't get to hear him in Hawaii but he has turned into quite the screamer lately. Maybe the two of them can shout it out together this weekend when we come to see you guys. I can't wait! To see you that is, not for the screaming.

As for the dumpster, I don't know if I can top it but I can match it. When my sister was in high school she accidently threw her retainer away at lunch time. My mom made us all put on old clothes and drug us down to the school dumpster. We spent a few HOURS going through bag after bag of smelly school lunches. We had to open up each individual brown paper bag to see if it was the right one. YUCK! So I can totally sympathize with what you went through.

Michelle said...

Your entry was not depressing at all, it just sounds like life. I am so sad you are not going to the reunion. I don't think I have seen you since before you had Ginny. About the garbage story, you are both troopers. I think I would have told my husband good luck and watched from the car! I know I'm so supportive. It sounds like you and your family are doing well. You'll have to tell me when you come to town next, maybe we can all have our own reunion!

Carrie said...

To answer your questions, yes we did eventually find the retainers. Looking back I don't know why I was so cooperative about joining in the search! It was Sandy who threw them away.

I can't wait to see you guys TOMORROW!!!

bec said...

(nat, i remember that smell, ugh.) no reunion for me either, can't we put together our own reunion in like hawaii or something? that would get me for sure

Kyle and Janell said...

Yuck about the smelly garbage! But I'm glad he found his phone!